Thursday, November 4, 2010

Jane Austen

Pride and Prejudice

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE

Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books written by Jane Austen.


A while back I found a gift book published by Reader's Digest, and now I have found another.  Although it is not Vintage, I really think it would make a perfect gift book.  I always think of something Vintage being fifty years old.



This book was printed as a gift volume, illustrated by award winning Gene Sparkman. The illustrations have two page spreads in some instances.



A wonderful edition of Pride and Prejudice. Published as a special edition gift book, by Readers Digest in 1984.



The original insert describing this book was found inside.



It contains details about Jane Austen and her life. The volume is in lovely condition. The bottom cover is slightly raised. 329 pages and notes.



The cover and the binding are embossed in Gold lettering.





The Hardback cover is powder blue with a deeper blue binding. I will be designing a bookplate saying From The Library Of using one of the illustrations in the book.




Copyright 1984 
Readers Digest Association


I think that the illustrations are lovely.



I have added this treasure to my etsy shop, For The Love of Old Books.


No comments: