Sunday, September 5, 2010

Can you believe this?



DSC07118Can you believe this? I had so many people wanting this edition that I have been searching high and low to find another one. I did, I found another one just like the one most recently sold. Only the front cover is in even cleaner and in better condition than the first one I found.



Everyone knows how much I adore everything that Louisa May Alcott has written.

DSC07115

DSC07118I have come across many different versions of Little Women,

DSC07114

DSC07118but this one is a sure rare find. Published in 1947, the illustrations in this book are gorgeous.

Little Women

DSC07118The quality in the papers that they used in this book let you know this edition was something really special. Now this new edition that I found has one page that is slightly wrinkled and has a tare on that page, page 65. Here is what it looks like. If you click on the photo you can have a better look.









DSC07118Illustrated by Louis Jambor, this book has the most incredible illustrations, and ones that I have not seen before.

Little Women

DSC07118"The special contents of this edition are copyrighted, 1947 by Gorsset & Dunlap, Inc. printed by Kingsport press. Inc., Kingsport, Tennessee."

Little women

DSC07118I placed it in my Etsy Shop For The Love of Old Books today. I am so excited that I found another one of these editions. There's a little extra bonus, a book sleeve which was responsible for keeping the cover of the book so clean.





DSC07120

DSC07118For your listening pleasure, here is the radio program of Harriet Reisen being interviewed. Her latest book The Women Behind LIttle Women is wonderful. I met Harriet at a book signing in Concord last year, and she shares my passion for Little Women.

DSC07119

No comments: