Wednesday, October 20, 2010

There was a story in the moon...

2011 Orchard House Wall Calendar






For the love of old books, I love my copy of the Journals of Louisa May Alcott.




2011 Orchard House Wall Calendar







One of the prints inside this amazing book is a print of Orchard House dated 1838.







2011 Orchard House Wall Calendar







I took the image and hid her in the hot air balloon,





2011 Orchard House Wall Calendar






and of course I put one in the moon.






The words read:


2011 Orchard House Wall Calendar


There was a story in the moon, and the forest waited patiently for the play to begin.

2011 Orchard House Wall Calendar

The trees were created using Vintage objects and digitally painted, they dance along the border at the bottom of the fabric.  If you click on the image below you will see what it looks like in fabric.  I created a centered image and printed a fat quarter in linen-canvas for my wall hanging.



This fabric design has a melody of coordinates in my calendar collection.











This fabric is available for sale in my Spoonflower Gallery.

1 comment:

Abbie said...

What a lovely idea! x