Sunday, December 27, 2009

For The Love of Old Books

For the love of reading

series-once-upon-a-time-coloredI recently came across a wonderful old copy of The Captain's Children, and found these wonderful book plates. The book dates back to 1835.

for-the-love-of-old-books-card-series-2

series-once-upon-a-time-coloredEach one has amazing details. I created a background that would compliment the piece.

for-the-love-of-old-books-card-series-4

series-once-upon-a-time-coloredI just love each one. I am creating greeting cards with these plates and have already added prints measuring 8 x 10 inches on my etsy shop.

2 comments:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh Karen, these are so beautiful! laurie

Steph said...

I love these reading plates as well. They look so sweet together as a set. I wish you could teach a class on how to restore these types of images.